Mosquito Life Cycle
Did You Know!
- Mosquitoes need standing/still water in order to complete their life cycle.
- Only adult female mosquitoes can bite, taking several blood feedings in a lifetime.
- One mosquito can have potentially 1200 offspring.
- Mosquitoes that can carry West Nile virus mostly bite at dusk and dawn.
- Neglected swimming pools can produce thousands of mosquitoes, infesting an entire neighborhood!
- Anyone can get West Nile virus. All it takes is one bite from an infected mosquito.
- The District has several methods of controlling mosquitoes including the use of mosquitofish.
Mosquito Control & Other Vectors
- What is a Vector?
- Mosquito Biology
- Integrated Pest Management
- Public Information
- Biological Control
- Physical Control
- Chemical Control
- Legal Abatement
- Ticks and Tick Borne Disease
- List of Chemicals Used
West Nile Virus and
Dead Bird Hotline
(877) 968-BIRD (2473)
or online at westnile.ca.gov