At the San Joaquin County Mosquito and Vector Control District emphasis is placed on managing mosquito populations at levels that reduce the risk of virus transmissions to humans and horses in urban, suburban, and rural areas. The District programs include mosquito surveillance, tick surveillance and tick borne disease testing, insect identification, education and community outreach, biological control, physical control, chemical control, and legal abatement.
Adopted by the Board of Trustees
On May 21, 1996
San Joaquin County Mosquito and Vector Control District provides comprehensive vector surveillance and control services to enhance the public health and quality of life for the residents and visitors of San Joaquin County. As a locally controlled independent agency we seek to fulfill our mission through the following commitments:
- To utilize the most advanced administrative and operational technology available;
- To provide stewardship for public funds by stressing efficiency in our operations;
- To encourage citizen participation in achieving our mission;
- To educate the public regarding the health implications of disease transmitting pests;
- To provide services consistent with an awareness and concern for environmental protection;
- And lastly, to provide and maintain a safe and effective public health pest management program.